Error Code 224003 is one of the most common video playback errors that arrive on a computer. Most of the time, this error occurs when users play videos in web browsers including Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. If you are currently struggling with the 224003 error code and are eager to know how to fix "video can't play error 224003", this is a special guide for you.
- Part 1: Overview of Error Code 224003
Part 2: How to Fix Video File Error Code 224003?
- Fix 1: Update Copmputer's Browser
- Fix 2: Remove Cache, Cookies & Browser History
- Fix 3: Delete Plug-in, Add-ones & Extensions on Browser
- Fix 4: Reset the Browser Settings
- Fix 5: Turn off Browser Hardware Acceleration
- Fix 6: Disable Firewall on the Computer
- Fix 7: Use Another Browser to Play Video
- Fix 8: Check your Network
- Fix 9: Turn off iPhone Private Address
- Part 4: How to Avoid Video File Can't Play Error Code 224003?
- Bonus Tip: How to Repair Corrupted/Damaged VideoHOT
- FAQs Related to Error Code 224003
Part 1: Overview of Error Code 224003
Before we dive into error code 224003 fix, let's figure out two questions - What does error code 224003 means? Why does it say this video file cannot be played error code 224003?
Well, the error code 224003 is one of the common issues that users face while playing a video on browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. The video in this case doesn't load at all and shows the following error code. This error can show up due to many reasons which are listed as follows：
- It may be the cause of connectivity issues on your system.
- Some processes on the browser may block the video.
- If you are using a 3rd party extension on Chrome, this can be a cause.
- Antivirus applications may cause the blocking of videos.
Part 2: How to Fix Video File Error Code 224003?
There are some workable solutions for this type of video error code. Some of the best ways to fix error code 224003 on Windows and Mac are the following:
Fix 1: Update Copmputer's Browser
Updating the computer browser fixes all the bugs and glitches. In fact, browsers' main reason for updating is to fix bugs and other problems that users face. Below we will show you different methods to update a browser depending on what browser you're trying to play the video.
How to Update Google Chrome:
- Open your browser - Chrome, then click on the three dots in the right top corner.
- Click on help and then go to About Google Chrome.
There will be a Google Chrome option. If not, then just click on the relaunch button.
How to Update Firefox:
- Open Firefox and click on the main menu. Then go to Help > About Firefox.
If there are any updates available, they will be downloaded automatically. When the download is complete, click on restart firefox.
How to Update Safari:
Click on the apple icon on the top menu and select system preference, in the system preferences, select software update.
- If there is an update, just install it by clicking on it. It will be updated along with the macOS update.
Fix 2: Remove Cache, Cookies & Browser History
Another solution to Error Code 224003 Fix is removing the cache cookies and browser history. Sometimes the browser catches some bugs with the cache and another browser history, which causes the Error Code 224003. To fix Error Code 224003 here is how to remove cache cookies and browser history.
- Open Chrome settings, then open the advanced settings and then open privacy and security.
You will find browsing data. Just click on clear browsing data.
- If you want to select the timeline to delete the data, just select the timeline to delete from 2 hours to all time. After that check the browsing history cookie cache and clear it.
- Open Firefox and then the firefox menu from the top right corner of the browser.
- Select settings and then Privacy and security, there you will find clear data, including cookies and site data.
Check the cookie and cache option and click the clear button. Then click on history and clear the history button.
- Go to Safari settings > History, then check the box to clear all history.
Click "clear history." It will delete cache history and other cookies as well.
Fix 3: Delete Plug-in, Add-ones & Extensions on Browser
Nowadays, many of us use extensions on our browsers. The same extension sometimes restricts those videos to Error Code 224003. Removing those extensions can solve the problem as well.
Here's how you can remove extensions from Chrome.
- Launch Chrome and click on the top right three dots, then open customize and control Google Chrome.
Afterward, open more tools > Extensions, then remove those extensions that you don't use.
How to Remove Extensions from Firefox:
- In Firefox, click on the menu icon and then click on the add-ons and themes.
- Then click on the extension on the left side.
To enable the extensions, turn off the blue button on every extension.
How to Remove Extensions in Safari:
- Navigate the web using Safari on your Mac or MacBook. Go to preferences and then to extensions.
Click on the extensions and select uninstall.
- After following these steps, play any video and check whether it is working or not.
Fix 4: Reset the Browser Settings
Now there is another way to fix error code 224003 by resetting browser settings to default. This is how you do it.
- Click on the three dots in Chrome. Open up settings, then click to advance.
- On the Windows PC, there will be clean up and reset. Just click reset. Or open Chrome settings on your Mac or MacBook, then click on restore settings to restore them to their original defaults.
- Open Firefox Manu, which is indicated by three horizontal lines.
- Click on Help and then Troubleshooting information. Afterward, click on refresh.
- In the confirmation box, click on the refresh button again, then click finish.
Clear the caches of cookies and history in Safari and reset it to default settings.
Fix 5: Turn off Browser Hardware Acceleration
There is a hardware acceleration option in every browser to improve the browsing experience. It distributes the intensive tasks on the PC GPU. although hardware acceleration also prevents the videos from streaming. Disabling it might work and can fix the error code 224003.
How to disable hardware acceleration in Chrome
- Open up Google Chrome, click on the three dots to open up the settings, then click on Advance.
Click on the system and then On the right-hand side, turn on the toggle "Use hardware acceleration when available." Then restart Chrome.
How to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox:
- Open firefox Click on the menu item, then click on settings.
- Go to General, then scroll down to Performance. Uncheck the recommended hardware performance settings.
Uncheck "use hardware acceleration." and then restart Firefox.
Fix 6: Disable Firewall on the Computer
Most of us use firewalls and antivirus to protect ourselves from bugs and malware. You can disable the firewall through the update and security option in the settings of your browser for a while. Afterward, run the video to see if it is working or not.
Fix 7: Use Another Browser to Play Video
Well, if you have tried all the ways to fix error code 224003 and it won't work, then try a different browser. There are many recommended browsers to use. Like, if you are using Firefox, you can change it to Google Chrome. Likewise, on a Mac too. Changing the browser will definitely solve the issue.
Fix 8: Check your network
Sometimes the current network you are using causes the problem. It happens many times to users when the internet doesn't work completely. It's like it loads the pictures but doesn't load the video. If it works on the other connection, the issue is with your network. Rebooting your internet device might solve the problem as well.
Fix 9: Turn off iPhone Private Address
There is a private option on the Apple iPhone. They have added it for security concerns. Sometimes it doesn't allow the network to stream a video. So I disabled it for a while to check whether the video is working or not. This is how you can disable the private option on an iPhone.
Step 1: Go to iPhone Settings and select WiFi.
Step 2: Now select the connected wifi and scroll down, then disable the private option.
Now restart the iPhone and then check if the error code is fixed or not.
Video Tutorial: How to Fix "This Video Cannot be Played Video Error Code: 224003"
Part 4: How to Avoid Video File Can't Play Error Code 224003?
If you have fixed the error code 224003 and don't want to encounter it again in the future, then these are some useful tips you can follow:
- Do not infringe on the deep settings of your browser.
- I only prefer authentic and secure websites. Sometimes an irregular website is a big taboo to a browser's performance.
- Keep updating your browsers.
- If your browser is overloaded, then restart it. Don't linger around for it to start working again.
Bonus Tip: How to Repair Corrupted/Damaged Video? HOT
If above method doesn't fix the video can't play error 224003, then you video might be corrupted or damaged, then you will need to fix the corrupted/damaged video first. To fixing damaged/corrupted videos, we recommend you use 4DDiG Video Repair, which enables corrupted and damaged videos repair.
Here are some Features of 4DDiG Video Repair:
- Support corrutped/damaged videos repair.
- Repair polular video formats including MP4, MOV, MKV, M4V, 3G2, 3GP, etc.
- Support Windows PC and all storage media such as SD cards, USB flash drives, HDDs, etc.
- Support for batch repair in various formats at one go.
The guide below will provide simple steps for repairing corrupted/damaged videos:
- Install 4DDiG File Repair on your computer. After launching it, you will be presented with some options. Then select "Video Repair" on the left side bar and choose "Fix Video Errors."
- Just add the problematic videos you want to repair. Then wait for the repairing process done.
- After repairing, the repaired videos will appear. You can then preview or export them from a safe location.
This is how you can repair your videos using 4DDiG File Repair.
FAQs Related to Error Code 224003
Q1. How Do I Fix Error Code 224003 On the UC browser?
If you’re having trouble with video playback in the UC browser, clear caches and reinstall the browser. Also, enable data optimization and check battery optimization for the UC browser.
Q2. How Do I Fix This Video Cannot be Played Error Code?
Use any of the methods mentioned above to fix this video cannot be played error code.
Q3. How Do I Fix Video Playback Error Code 224003 Easily?
Update your browser to the latest version, update video drivers, and avoid installing extensions from unknown sources. Furthermore, clear your browser’s cache, cookies, and history.
Final View Points
The error code 224003 fix is very easy. The above are the best solutions for it. Almost everyone works. If someone doesn't work, then follow the other ones. Moreover, if you have lost or deleted or have corrupted/damaged videos on your computer, you can recover them through 4DDiG Video Repair software. This is the most recommended software for it.