Are you a YouTube enthusiast who is facing, "This video is unavailable on YouTube"? If so, you're not alone. Many users have encountered this frustrating error when trying to watch their favorite videos or explore new content on the platform. It can be disheartening to encounter such a problem, but fear not!
This guide is here to help you as we are going to write different solutions to fix this issue. By going through this guide, you'll be equipped with the knowledge and confidence to fix the "YouTube this video is unavailable" error by yourself and get back to enjoying uninterrupted YouTube videos.
So, let's get started.
Part 1: Possible Reasons for "YouTube This Video is Unavailable" Error
In order to fix the “YouTube this video is unavailable” error; you'll first have to understand the reasons behind it. This will help you determine the issue behind this error so you can quickly fix it.
So, here are some possible reasons behind this error message.
- This video is unavailable in your country: Sometimes, due to licensing agreements or legal restrictions, certain videos may not be accessible in certain countries, leading to the "unavailable" message.
- Video deleted or removed by the uploader: If the person who uploaded the video decides to take it down or if it violates YouTube's community guidelines, it will no longer be available for viewing.
- Video restricted by YouTube's policies: YouTube has specific guidelines and restrictions for certain content, and if a video violates these policies, it may be made unavailable to viewers.
- Technical issues with YouTube: Occasionally, YouTube itself may experience technical problems, such as server issues or maintenance, resulting in the unavailability of videos.
So, now you know the reasons behind “YouTube this video is unavailable.” It's time to discuss how you can fix it.
Part 2: How to Fix This Video Is Unavailable YouTube?
As there are different reasons behind this error message, there are different solutions that you can try.
So the following are 8 effective fixes that can help you solve the “This video is unavailable on YouTube” error.
Fix 1. Refresh the Web Browser or Switch to a Different Browser
In some cases, "this video is unavailable on this device" error could be due to a temporary glitch with your web browser. To resolve this, simply refresh the YouTube page by clicking the refresh icon or pressing the F5 key on your keyboard.
If refreshing doesn't work, consider using an alternative web browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge, to see if the video becomes accessible. Different browsers may handle YouTube playback differently, and switching to another one might resolve the issue.
Fix 2. Check Your Internet Connection
A stable internet connection is crucial for seamless video playback on YouTube. If you're experiencing the "This video is unavailable on this device" message, ensure that your internet connection is active and working properly.
If you're using Wi-Fi, check if you're connected to the correct network and that the signal strength is strong. In case you're using an Ethernet cable, ensure it is securely connected to your device and the router.
Fix 3. Use a VPN to Watch the Video from Another Country
If you see the "This video is unavailable in your country" message, it means the video might be restricted based on your geographical location. However, you can bypass this restriction using a VPN.
A VPN allows you to connect to servers located in different countries, making it appear as if you're accessing the internet from that specific region.
By connecting to a VPN server in a country where the video is available, you can watch the restricted content. It's essential to use a reliable and reputable VPN service to ensure smooth and secure streaming.
Fix 4. Clear Your Cache and Cookies
Over time, cached data and stored cookies in your web browser can cause conflicts and lead to playback issues on YouTube. This will cause the "This video is unavailable on YouTube" error.
To fix this, here are the steps that you can follow.
- Launch your Chrome browser and click on the 3 dots icon in the upper right corner.
On the list, take the cursor to the "More tools" option, and a sub-list will appear. On this list, click on the "Clear browsing data."
- Now set the time range to "All time" and hit the "Clear data" button.
After that, you can restart the browser and try playing that video again.
Fix 5. Disable Browser Extensions
Sometimes, certain browser extensions, such as ad-blockers or video downloaders, may interfere with YouTube's functionality, resulting in the "YouTube this video is unavailable" message.
Temporarily disabling these extensions can help identify if any of them are causing the problem.
So, here are the steps that you can follow to disable browser extensions and fix the "This video is unavailable YouTube" issue.
- Launch your Google Chrome browser and click on the 3 dots icon in the upper left corner.
Now take the cursor on "More tools" and click on the "Extensions" option.
- A list of installed extensions will appear on the screen. From here, you will have to disable all the extensions related to video downloaded and ad blocking.
After that, you can try playing that video again on YouTube.
Fix 6. Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
Enabling hardware acceleration in your web browser allows it to use your device's hardware to render graphics and videos more efficiently. However, this feature might sometimes cause compatibility issues with YouTube, leading to playback errors.
To fix this, turn off hardware acceleration in your browser settings and then check if the video becomes available.
For this, here are the steps that you can follow.
- Launch your Google Chrome browser and click on the 3 dots icon. After that, go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings page and click on "Advanced" to expand more options.
In the "System" section, you'll find the option "Use hardware acceleration when available."
- By default, this option is turned on. To turn off hardware acceleration, simply toggle the switch to the left so it appears grayed out.
- After disabling hardware acceleration, you might see a message at the top of the page asking you to relaunch Chrome to apply the changes. Click on the "Relaunch" button to restart the browser with the new setting.
Fix 7. Change the Video Quality
If you're experiencing the "YouTube this video is unavailable" error, the video's resolution might be causing the problem. So, you will have to change the video quality in order to get rid of this issue.
Here are the steps that you can follow.
- Try playing your desired video that shows the error.
Click the "Settings" icon on the video player.
- Select a lower video quality option (e.g., 480p or 360p) if available.
- Restart the video and check if it plays without the error.
Fix 8. Contact YouTube Support
If none of the above methods work and you're still encountering the "YouTube this video is unavailable" error, it's time to seek help from YouTube Support. Visit the YouTube Help Center and search for the specific error message you're encountering. If you can't find a solution, click on the "Contact us" option to reach out to YouTube Support directly.
Provide them with as much detail as possible about the issue, and they'll assist you in resolving it.
Bonus Tip: What to Do When YouTube Downloaded Videos Not Playing on Your Device?
If you're facing issues with YouTube-downloaded videos not playing on your device, it can be quite frustrating. However, there's a solution that can help you fix these problems and enjoy your favorite videos hassle-free.
To repair corrupted or damaged YouTube downloaded videos on Windows, you can use reliable video repair software like 4DDiG Video Repair. This software is designed to address various video issues, including videos not playing, audio-video sync problems, and playback errors.
Now let's learn how you can use the 4DDiG Video Repair tool when YouTube downloaded videos are not playing on your device.
Download and install 4DDiG Video Repair on your computer and launch it. On the homepage, go to "Fix Video Errors" and click on the "Start" button.
Now click on "Add Video(s)" and upload the YouTube downloaded video that is not playing on your device.
Once the video is uploaded successfully, hit the "Start Repair" button.
The tool will start repairing your video, and once the process is completed, you can review the video. If everything is fine, you can download the repaired video by hitting the "Export" button.
So, that's how you can fix the "YouTube this video is unavailable" error. All you have to do is carefully follow the steps given above and fix this error within a few minutes.
However, if you are facing problems while playing downloaded YouTube videos, you can use the 4DDiG Video Repair tool. This user-friendly tool can help you repair corrupted or damage videos easily and quickly. Don't hesitate to try it!