How to Fix Embed Video Cannot be Played?
"I am working on my new site and recently tried to embed a video from YouTube. I embedded it successfully but it just won't play on my site. No matter what I do, the videos refuse to play. What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to fix this?"
Embedded videos are everywhere. Embedded videos are basically videos taken from another site so that you are not redirected to another site to watch that video. Every site you visit has them in some form or the other. You might be interacting with an embedded video right now and you wouldn't notice it, that's how common it has become. So if an embed video cannot be played, it'll be a huge problem as it will severely impact your browsing experience. So if you have run into a similar problem and are looking for solutions to embed video cannot be played firefox and Chrome, don't worry because we have got everything you need right here. This article has everything from causes to fixes and frequently asked questions so that once you finish reading this article you can get rid of this error completely. So what are you waiting for, let's get to the fixing!
- Part 1: Why Embed Video Cannot be Played?
- Part 2: How to Fix Embed Video Can Not be Played in Chrome?
- Part 3: How to Repair Corrupted Video with 4DDiG Video Repair?HOT
- FAQs about Embeded Video
Part 1: Why Embed Video Cannot be Played?
The most common reasons why embed video can not be played include:
- An out-of-date Browser- An update introduces new features and gets rid of old problems in a software. If your browser is not updated it may cause embedding issues and result in embedded videos not being played.
- Computer Multitasking with too many Operations- Overclocking your PC is not ideal. It may slow down the PC and even crash it in some instances.
- ISP problems- Oftentimes, it's not your PC's fault but your ISPs. If you can't locate the cause of the problem on your PC, contact your internet provider and look for a solution with them. An unstable internet connection may hamper your browsing experience and prevent videos from being loaded.
- Flash Player is disabled- Flash player enables you to watch the animated parts of a website. Disabling the flash means suppressing these animated parts from occurring. This may cause problems like the embedded video not being played.
Part 2: How to Fix Embed Video Can Not be Played in Chrome?
Google Chrome is the most commonly used browser around the world. With numerous features and sleek design, it is easy to see why. But even browsers like Google Chrome are not free of errors like the embedded video not playing. So we will have a look at some common fixes that can solve this error with ease.
Fix 1: Clear Cache and Browsing History in Chrome
Accumulated cache and browsing history are no good. If you cannot play embedded videos in chrome, a good solution would be to delete all the cache and history, here is how.
Step 1: Launch Chrome and go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Clear Browsing data.
Step 2: Go to the Advanced tab and select all the options. Now click on 'Clear Data'.
Fix 2: Update Google Chrome
Underlying issues in out-of-date versions of Google Chrome may be a big reason behind the embedded youtube video not playing in chrome error. To solve this you will have to update the browser.
Step 1: Open Chrome and click on the three vertical dots to go to 'More Options'.
Step 2: If you find the option of 'Update Chrome' press it. Google Chrome will now start the upgrade. Relaunch the app once the update is done.
Fix 3: Update Adobe Flash Player
The Adobe Flash player is an important tool to enhance the experience of watching a video on your browser. You should keep it updated to get the best experience and avoid errors like these.
Step 1: Type in the following command in the Chrome address box.
Step 2: Scroll down to Adobe Flash player and check for updates. Update it if an update is present.
Fix 4: Disable Hardware Acceleration
Hardware Acceleration works by reducing the load on your browser. But many users have complained about it causing various issues. To disable it follow the steps below.
Step 1: Go to the Google Chrome 'Settings'. In settings, go to 'Advanced Settings' and go to the System Tab.
Step 2: Here the 'Hardware Acceleration' option is enabled. Disable this option and you are done.
Step 1: Go to the Browser settings and head on to the 'Privacy and Security' category.
Fix 6: Disable Adblock on Chrome
Adblocks are great tools but sometimes they may end up doing more harm than good. To disable them,
Step 1: Open Google Chrome and go to Settings > Advanced settings > Privacy and Security > Content Settings.
Step 2: Go to the plugin you want to disable and click on it. Toggle the 'Ask First Options' off.
Alternatively, you can uninstall the plugin to get rid of it quickly.
Fix 7: Enable Flash
Flash is what brings the animations that you see on your browser to life. So if you've disabled it and get a message to enable it, do it. This may solve the problem with the embedded videos.
Part 3: How to Repair Corrupted Video with 4DDiG File Repair?
If after trying all those methods, you are still nowhere and are looking for a definitive answer then maybe you should give professional video repair apps a go. Introducing the 4DDiG File Repair which fixes your corrupted video problem in a flash. Whether your video file is broken, damaged, or corrupted, 4DDiG video repair takes care of everything. Efficient in its use and powerful in its execution, this program ensures that your video is repaired completely. Its best features include,
- Repair corrupted MP4, MOV, MKV, MTS, FLV, M4V, etc.
- Runs smoothly on Windows PC and all storage media.
- Videos from popular camera brands, such as Canon, GoPro, and DJI are supported.
- 4DDiG video repair is 100% safe, fast repair with an easy-to-use interface.
Here's how the video repair app works.
- Add Videos to Repair
- Repair Corrupted Videos
- Export the Repaired Videos
Launch 4DDiG File Repair and from the main screen select the 'Video Repair' option. Then click Add to import corrupted videos to repair.
After you import corrupted videos, click Start Repair and 4DDiG File Repair will fix corrupted videos automatically.
Now export the repaired video to a location of your choice when the repair process is complete.
1. How do you fix embedded videos not playing on Chrome?
You can fix embedded videos not playing on Chrome in the following ways:
- Update Google Chrome
- Update Adobe Flash Player
- Disable Hardware Acceleration
- Enable Flash
2. How do I fix the video not playing?
You can fix the video not playing by using professional video repair tools like the 4DDiG video repair software.
3. What is an embedded video?
When you embed a video you are borrowing that video from another site to play on your site. This enables the users to watch the video on your site rather than having to go to the original site.
Solving any problem requires the right guidance and that is exactly what this article is. Follow the steps diligently and you'll see your issue resolved in no time. You can also use the 4DDiG Video Repair if you can't see a way out and are stuck.