Are you struggling with no sound on YouTube and don't know how to fix it? Whether you're experiencing complete silence or distorted audio, dealing with a lack of sound on YouTube can affect your online experience. Fortunately, you're not alone, and there are simple solutions to help you troubleshoot and resolve this common issue.
In this comprehensive guide, we will be discussing 7 easy solutions to fix the no sound on YouTube problem. For this, we will write clear and easy-to-follow steps that will help you fix the issue within a few minutes.
So, let's get started.
Part 1: Why No Sound on YouTube?
Before getting straight to the fixes, it's essential to first understand why is there no sound on YouTube.
Well, there are lots of reasons behind no sound on YouTube videos. Let's discuss them in detail.
- Audio Settings: The first place to look when you encounter no sound on YouTube is the audio settings. Check if the volume is muted or set to a low level. Sometimes, accidentally muting the sound or adjusting the system volume can cause this issue.
- Browser Issues: Another common culprit is browser-related problems. Outdated browsers, conflicting extensions, or corrupted cache can disrupt the audio playback on YouTube.
- Device Sound Settings: It's worth examining your device's sound settings as they might be the reason for the silent YouTube experience. Incorrect sound configurations, disabled audio devices, or driver issues can result in no sound on YouTube.
- Adobe Flash Player: If you're using Adobe Flash Player to stream YouTube videos, the player or its settings may be causing the audio problem. Outdated versions or misconfigured settings can interfere with sound playback.
So these are the common reasons behind the no sound on YouTube videos. Now let's discuss how to fix no sound on YouTube by yourself.
Part 2: How to Fix No Sound on YouTube?
Similar to the reasons behind the issue, there are different fixes that you can try.
So, here is how to fix no sound on YouTube by following different fixes.
Fix 1. Check If YouTube is Muted
Sometimes, the sound on YouTube videos can be turned off accidentally. Look at the bottom-left corner of the video and check if there is a speaker icon with a line through it. If you see that, it means the sound is muted. Just click on the icon to unmute the video and enjoy the sound. It's a simple fix to bring back the audio!
Fix 2. Ensure Your System Audio is Open
Check if the volume on your device is not muted or set too low. Look for the volume controls on your device, like physical buttons or an icon on the screen. Make sure the volume is turned up so you can hear the sound. It's an easy way to make sure your device is not the reason for the silent videos.
Fix 3. Shift Between Browser and YouTube App
If you're watching YouTube videos on a web browser, you can try using the official YouTube app instead, or the other way around. Sometimes, the app or browser you're using can cause sound issues. Switching to a different platform can help fix the problem. Give it a try and see if the sound comes back when you switch between the app and the web browser.
Fix 4. Try to Use a Different Browser
Sometimes, the web browser you're using can have trouble playing sounds on YouTube. If you're having sound problems, try using a different web browser. There are many options like Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge. Open one of these browsers and go to YouTube to see if the sound works there. It's like trying a different path to find the sound you're looking for.
Fix 5. Update Your Browser
If you have tried all the above-given solutions but the sound problem persists, try updating your browser. Sometimes the outdated internet browser causes sound issues.
So, here is how you can update your Google Chrome browser.
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three-dot menu in the top-right corner.
From the drop-down menu, go to "Help" and select "About Google Chrome."
- Google Chrome will automatically check for updates and install them if available.
Once the update is complete, relaunch the browser and check if the sound on YouTube is restored.
Fix 6. Clear Your Browser Cache
If there is still no sound on YouTube, you can try clearing your browser's cache. Clearing the browser cache can resolve playback issues by removing temporary files and data.
So, here's how to clear the cache in Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three-dot menu in the top-right corner.
From the drop-down menu, go to "More tools" and select "Clear browsing data."
- In the "Clear browsing data" window, select "Cached images and files" and choose the desired time range. Then, click on "Clear data" to delete the cache.
After that, restart the browser and see if you can hear the sound on YouTube videos.
Fix 7. Update the Sound Card Driver
If none of the previous solutions work, updating the sound card driver on your computer might resolve the issue. Here are the general steps to update the sound card driver:
Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Type "devmgmt.msc" and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, expand the "Sound, video, and game controllers" category.
Right-click on your sound card driver and select "Update driver."
Choose the option to automatically search for updated driver software. Windows will search for the latest driver version online and install it if available.
- Once the driver update is complete, restart your computer and check if the sound on YouTube is working properly.
So now you know how to fix no sound on YouTube. All you have to do is follow the steps carefully and quickly fix the issue with your YouTube playback.
Pro Tip: How to Fix Corrupted YouTube Videos?
Sometimes, you may come across corrupted or damaged YouTube videos that refuse to play properly. Besides, you also face no sound problems with your downloaded YouTube videos. This happens due to corrupted videos. So, if you are also facing no sound issues on downloaded YouTube videos, don't worry, there's a powerful tool called 4DDiG Video Repair that can help you fix these issues and restore your videos to their original state.
4DDiG Video Repair is a reliable and user-friendly software designed specifically for repairing corrupted or damaged videos.
Here's a glimpse of the main features of 4DDiG Video Repair:
- Comprehensive Video Repair: With advanced technology, 4DDiG Video Repair can fix a wide range of video issues, including choppy playback, audio-video sync problems, distorted visuals, and other common corruption issues.
- Easy-to-Use Interface: The software provides a simple and intuitive interface, making it accessible for users of all levels of technical expertise. You don't need to be a video repair expert to use this tool effectively.
- Batch Repair: 4DDiG Video Repair allows you to repair multiple videos simultaneously, saving you time and effort. This feature is especially useful when you have multiple corrupted YouTube videos to fix.
Now, let's see how you can use 4DDiG Video Repair to repair your corrupted or damaged YouTube videos:
First of all, download and install 4DDiG Video Repair on your computer and launch it. On the main interface, hit the Start button in the Fix Video Errors section.
Now click on the Add Videos to Start Repair button and choose the corrupted video that you want to fix and upload it to the tool.
Once the video is uploaded successfully, hit the Start Repair button to start the repair process.
Once the repair process is completed, you can preview the files and if everything is alright, you can hit the Export button to download the repaired video on your computer.
So, that's how you can fix corrupted YouTube videos using the 4DDiG Video Repair tool.
FAQs about No Sound on YouTube
1. How do I get sound back on YouTube?
1.To get sound back on YouTube, you can try the following methods:
- Check if the YouTube video player is muted and click on the speaker icon to unmute it.
- Ensure that the volume on your device is not muted or set too low.
- Try using the YouTube app or switching between different web browsers.
- Update your browser to the latest version.
- Clear your browser cache to remove temporary files.
- Update the sound card driver on your computer.
2. Where are YouTube sound settings?
The sound settings on YouTube can be found within the YouTube video player. Look for the speaker icon in the bottom-left corner of the player. If the speaker icon has a line through it, it means the sound is muted. Simply click on the icon to unmute the video and adjust the volume using the volume slider next to the speaker icon.
So, that's how you can quickly fix no sound on YouTube by the solutions given above. Remember to carefully follow the steps as it will lead you to quickly fix the issue.
Besides, you can also use the 4DDiG Video Repair tool to fix corrupted YouTube videos within a few minutes. Don't hesitate to try it!