How can I recover a RAR file that was deleted 15 months ago?
"I thought I didn't need those RAR files any more, but now I wanna recover them. What should I do?"
ZIP/RAR files are archive files that are compressed. These two formats combine several documents, images, or other items into a single file, allowing vast amounts of data to be stored in a small space. They are also easy to transfer across devices or send as attachments. ZIP/RAR files, like any other computer files, can be easily lost and erased.
You've arrived at the right site if you're looking for simple ways to recover deleted Zip Rar/Zip files on Windows 11/10. We will create a detailed tutorial showing you how to utilize specialized software or free approaches to recover deleted RAR files quickly and efficiently. Please don't be shy; let us show you the way!
Part 1: Before We Start: What Cause RAR File Deletion
Before you learn how to recover deleted RAR files, I'd like to outline various instances in which RAR files are lost so that you can be more cautious.
- When you delete RAR files from your computer and empty the recycle bin, the data is permanently erased.
- Because RAR files do not move to the recycle bin, Shift+Delete will permanently delete them from your computer.
- If you don't have a backup, converting a partition from MBR to GPT will erase all your data on the hard disc, including RAR files.
- A hardware failure or a faulty external hard drive might harm RAR files and other important data.
- Certain RAR files are flagged as virus-infected by anti-malware software and are promptly removed from your computer. Cracks and patching files in RAR archives are two examples.
- Data loss can also result from incomplete file system conversions, such as NTFS5 to NTFS.
Part 2: Recover from the Recycle Bin
Before doing more elaborate recovery operations, checking the Windows Recycle Bin for a deleted item is always worth checking. If you follow this simple approach, you might get lucky and obtain your archive file returned shortly. Below are the steps to recover deleted RAR files windows:
- Find and double-tap the Recycle Bin icon.
- Search for the archive file you want to retrieve.
- When you've located the desired objects, right-click and select "Restore."
- Return to the original place to look for the deleted archive file.
Part 3: Retrieve from a Backup
Presumably, you are frequently backing up your computer to secure your data. You can utilize the built-in File History backup and recovery utility in Windows 10. Third-party tools are also available, as is cloud backup. To recover an archive from File History, follow these procedures.
- Type restore files into the taskbar's search box.
- Choose to Restore your files using File History.
- Locate the archive to be restored and use the arrow keys to choose a specific file version.
- To return the FileFile to its original place, select Restore. If you want to save it somewhere else, you can select Restore.
Because archive files are rarely modified, you may be able to retrieve all of your lost data if you have a backup copy. Follow the steps for your backup and recovery tool. When data is lost, it's clear how critical it is to keep those backups!
Part 4: How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted RAR Files?
How to recover deleted RAR files from pc? The issue of archive loss is still unavoidable. A RAR file containing essential images or documents may be lost from your computer due to unintentional deletion or formatting. You will require an archive recovery application in these cases. Data recovery software may be able to retrieve deleted or lost archive files that were not backed up or found in the Recycle Bin. Modern operating systems do not physically remove data from a storage device when data is destroyed. The operating system identifies the deleted item's space as free for fresh data storage and deletes the logical linkages that make the FileFile accessible to applications.
On the Internet, there are numerous data recovery products available. Nonetheless, Tenorshare 4DDiG is a simple application for ZIP or RAR recovery. This tool may immediately search discs on your computer or storage devices connected to your computer for deleted or formatted archive files. If you have a Mac, you can also use Tenoshare 4DDiG Windows Data Recovery for Mac to restore archive files.
- Recover 1000 of file types such as PowerPoint, photos, videos, audios and others, including RAR files.
- Get files that have been lost caused by accidental deletion, formatting and other causes back.
- Support free download on Windows or Mac.
- Restore deleted files from different devices, such as computer, internal or external drive, USB Flash drive, SD card, etc.
- The steps are quite similar to installing any other software on your computer. You need to download and launch the software and come to the main screen. And then you will be asked to pick the local drive where the file was initially stored or deleted.
- Once you have selected the hard drive location to be scannedc, 4DDiG examines it for missing data all around, and you can pause or stop the scanning at any time. Under the Tree View, you can view categories such as Deleted Files, Existing Files, Lost Location, RAW Files, and Tag Files. File View allows you to see file types such as Photos, Videos, Documents, Audio, and Emails. On the right side of the panel, you can search for target files or narrow your search using Filter.
- Once the target files are discovered, they can be viewed and recovered to a secure location. Save data to a different partition if you overwrite the disk and permanently lose it.
Part 5: Extract RAR Files by Errors Ignoring
When you recover deleted RAR files, the defects remain. In this instance, the extraction becomes more difficult. In this case, RAR still allows users to extract the File. Here's how to extract RAR/ZIP files while disregarding errors:
- By right-clicking on the corrupted RAR/ZIP file, you can open it using WinRAR.
- Choose the Extract option from the toolbar.
- Choose Extraction Path and Parameters to specify where you want the recovered File saved.
- There will also be a Miscellaneous option in Extraction Path and Settings. Beneath it, select Retain broken files.
The extraction will then commence when you click OK.
Part 6: Retrieve from the Previous Versions
To use this method to recover deleted RAR files windows, you must enable system protection before the occurrence occurs. The "Restore Earlier Versions" option saves a copy of files and folders as part of the system shadow copy. As a result, you can restore files to earlier versions based on different times.
- Right-click on the blank area after opening the folder where the archive file is saved.
- Choose "Restore Prior Versions" from the drop-down option. Then you can look through the list of prior versions for the File.
- Choose a recent version and press the 'Open' button. It will allow you to inspect the contents to confirm they are correct.
- After ensuring this version has the necessary ZIP or RAR files, select "Restore" to save them to their original location.
Part 7: FAQs
Q1: How to Compress and Extract RAR Files
RAR files are simple to open. RAR files can be extracted using various tools available on the Internet. Some of these tools are free, while others are not. RAR files can be opened on any operating system, including Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- WinRAR is well-known among RAR utilities because it is official and works on all operating systems.
- The Unarchive is a well-known RAR file utility only compatible with Apple Mac systems that can extract and compress RAR archives.
- Badizip is compatible with both Windows and Mac systems. It includes user-friendly features and an extremely fast technique for extracting RAR files.
- Zipware is a simple, fast, and stable application for Microsoft Windows that also supports the latest RAR5 format.
- Hamster Zip Archive's sleek interface lets you quickly open and compress RAR files. It currently only works with Windows machines.
- Numerous additional programs, such as WinZip, PeaZip, 7-Zip, iZip, and others, are used to open RAR files.
Q2: How to Prevent RAR File Deletion
"Care is better than cure," as the adage goes. Before you start regretting and Googling "how to recover RAR files," read the safety precautions below to avoid loss. Deleting RAR files can be avoided by taking the precautions suggested below.
- Install and routinely update the most recent version of a decent anti-virus program on your computer system.
- Back up and store your data regularly on various storage media such as an external hard drive, flash drive, SD card, and cloud storage.
- Do not open suspicious emails or attachments because they may include viruses that can cause your data to be deleted or damaged.
- When removing a file, make sure it is no longer helpful.
- Never attempt to install pirated software from unknown websites.
- Excessive PC/Laptop use can result in data loss due to overhearing of the hardware.
- Only use approved RAR extraction and compression programs to avoid destroying RAR files.
Suppose you have lost an important RAR archive and are now looking for "how to recover deleted RAR files" online. Then there's no need to panic or be depressed. The only RAR file recovery tool you require is 4DDiG Windows Data Recovery, an excellent RAR file recovery application that can recover erased data in any situation. It's an excellent RAR recovery solution that has received great marks from users worldwide.