Accumulated over the years, photos are the windows to your memories. But unfortunately, if you’ve lost them due to file corruption, accidental deletion, or virus attack, it's like losing a piece of your memory. However, with professional photo recovery software, you can recover them in their original quality even if they are permanently gone. In this article, we’ll discuss the five best photo recovery software for Windows and Mac to retrieve your photos instantly and without any hassle.
- Part 1: Top 5 Best Photo Recovery Software
- Part 2: Advantages of Using Tenorshare 4DDiG to Recover Photos
- Part 3: Situations Where Photo Recovery Software Can Help
- Part 4: How to Recover Photos/Images from SD Card in 3 Steps?
Part 1: Top 5 Best Photo Recovery Software
Here are details of the five best photo recovery software. You can choose by learning their features, pros, cons, and pricing.
Tenorshare 4DDiG [Windows & Mac]
Tenorshare 4DDiG is a top-notch image recovery software for Windows and Mac. With a state-of-the-art algorithm, powerful features, and deep scanning, it can instantly recover formatted, corrupted, lost, or deleted files. Due to its user-friendly interface and easy recovery, it is the perfect choice for both beginners and professionals.
- Support data recovery from Windows and Mac-based devices.
- Supports data recovery from both internal and external devices, such as USBs, SD Card, external hard drive, ec.
- Capable recover over 1000+ different file types.
- Simplified data recovery in 3 clicks.
- Supports data recovery from many scenario, including accidentally deleted, formatted, virus attach, system crash, etc.
- It makes data recovery easier for every one
- It is professional and affordable data recovery software
- It has professional customer support and high speed reply
- It can repair corrupted/damaged photos and vidoes on Windows
- With 4DDiG Mac data recovery software, users no need to disable SIP
- Updates automatically
- It don't support data recovery from Linux
- Not free
4DDiG costs $45.95 for a monthly subscription, $59.95 for an annual subscription, and $79.95 for a Lifetime License.
If you want an easy-to-use tool that can recover almost all photo file formats in any condition, 4DDiG is your best bet. It is affordable and has a high recovery rate.
Recuva [Windows Only]
Recuva is a popular free photo recovery software for recovering unlimited photos in Windows OS. It provides basic file recovery to retrieve the most common types of photo files. Other than recovering pictures, you can also use it to delete sensitive photos. It uses military-standard deletion techniques, making it impossible to recover photos even with the most professional photo recovery software.
- It has deep scan mode to recover photos.
- It supports virtual hard drive.
- Deletes photos securely.
- It has free version to recover photos
- Fast scanning
- Updates automatically
- Interface is not easy to use
- Don't not offer a professional and fast reply customer support
- Do not support Mac photo recovery
- The free version is without professional features
The professional version costs $19.95 for a monthly subscription.
Recuva is free to use and can recover unlimited photos. It is best for basic photo recovery and retrieving the most common file types.
Stellar Photo Recovery [Windows & Mac]
Stellar Photo Recovery is purpose-built image recovery software for recovering deleted photos from SD cards, USB drives, and hard drives. It is so easy to use that even novices can recover photos without learning to use it. The premium version of Stellar can repair corrupted photos, so this software is worth paying for.
- User-friendly interface for easy photo recovery.
- Repairs damaged or corrupted photos on Mac and Windows.
- Allows you to add your own file extension.
- Creates sector-by-sector images of storage devices.
- Recovers files in three steps
- Supports many photo file formats
- Provides many ways to preview target files during the scan
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac OS
- Quite expensive
- The least expensive subscription offers unlimited features
- Slow scanning speed
- You can only preview files with the free version
The Standard Edition costs $49.99, Professional Editions is $89.99, and Premium Edition costs $99.99 annually for both Windows and Mac.
It is best for recovering and repairing corrupted or deleted photos. But it may take some time to finish the recovery process.
PhotoRec [Windows & Mac]
Photo Rec image recovery software is a free tool that uses a command line interface to recover photos. But if you are not bothered by the lack of a graphical user interface, it has the ability to recover 480 file extensions in 300 file families.
- Command line interface.
- It runs on all kinds of operating systems.
- Can repair and recover even severely damaged photo files.
- Professional photo recovery
- Free and unlimited image recovery
- Excellent performance
- Compatible with Linux, Windows, and Mac OS
- The Command line interface is not for beginner users
- The lack of a graphical user interface can be annoying
- Has no preview feature
It is open-source software and completely free.
PhotoRec is a popular photo recovery software among professionals and can both repair and recover severely damaged files. It is free, but the command line interface is not everyone’s cup of tea.
DiskDigger [Windows Only]
Disk Digger is a computer photo recovery software for Windows and Linux. It can recover permanently deleted, corrupted, or lost photos from hard drives, USB, and SD cards. Disk Digger supports the recovery of over 100+ file types.
- Modern and intuitive interface.
- Preview feature to check for targeted photo files before recovery.
- Two Recovery Modes.
- Create scan reports.
- Disk Digger Recovery App can recover files from Android
- Performs excellently on both internal and external storage drives
- Limited file type recovery
- Cannot distinguish between existing and deleted files
- Does not scan a particular folder but the whole disk
The Basic Verison of Disk Digger is free, but the Pro Version costs $19.99 monthly.
Disk Digger is an efficient photo recovery software that can detect lost or corrupted data and recover it with ease. Although it is cheap to use, the recovery process can be confusing regarding its functionality.
Part 2: Advantages of Using Tenorshare 4DDiG to Recover Photos
Considering our free and paid recovery software list, you must be wondering which to choose. We recommend Tenorshare 4DDiG because it has certain advantages over other recovery software. Such as:
- It can recover unlimited file types, including photos, videos, documents, etc.
- Provides professional customer support, and in-program customer feedback.
- Provides regular updates and upgrades.
- Brand new interface make data recovery easier for users.
- Support data recovery from both Windows and Mac.
Part 3: Situations Where Photo Recovery Software Can Help
You can lose important photos in less time, but getting them back can cost you time and money unless you choose the best recovery software. Here are the everyday situations where photo recovery software can be of help:
Accidental deletion: Most often, you may hit the delete button while freeing up storage space. This can cause the accidental deletion of important photos. If you have temporarily deleted the files, they will still be in your system’s Trash Bin. So you can recover them quickly. But if you have deleted them permanently and have no backup to restore them from, you’ll need photo recovery software to retrieve photos.
Corrupt File System: Storage devices are susceptible to mechanical failures and corruption due to interrupted power supply, voltage spikes, or software bugs. This can result in file corruption. An interruption during file transfer can also corrupt or damage photo files, making them inaccessible. In such a scenario, recovery software is a viable option.
Virus Attack: In digital world, virus are everywhere, you even can't identified when your computer getting virus detecte. In this situation, a professinal data recovery software like Tenorshare 4DDiG which cna support data recovery from virus attack is helpful.
Storage Device is Formatted: You can lose valuable data due to accidental formatting of a storage device. Recovering photos from a formatted device are impossible without photo recovery software. But do it quickly. Otherwise, you’ll risk overwriting the disk, which will cause permanent loss of your data.
Part 4: How to Recover Photos/Images from SD Card in 3 Steps?
If your photos are corrupted or damaged on your SD card, you can recover them using recovery software. We recommend using the most professional recovery software, Tenorshare 4DDiG, to retrieve your photos in three steps. Here’s how you can recover photos from an SD card:
- Install and launch 4DDiG data recovery software on your PC, then choose the location where you used to used the lost photos. Then click on Start to start the data recovery.
- Wait for 4DDiG to scan your choosen location, after scanning process done, you will see many photos which used to stored on the choosen location. You can preview each scanned out photos, and remember select the one your want to recover.
- After choosing the photos you want to recover, just click on "Recover" and then you will see a windows ask you to choose a location to store the recovered photos. Just choose a new location to store them.
Once you see 4DDiG remind you with a windows that telling you have successfully recover all the data, you can go to the location where you choose to store the recovered photos to check.
Everyone has memories saved in the form of photos on their PC or Mac. But sometimes, due to several reasons, you can lose those precious memories. However, photo recovery software is a life-saver if you’ve lost, deleted, formatted, or corrupted photos to retrieve. With so many recovery tools in the market, it's difficult to choose. But by only selecting a professional and reliable tool like Tenorshare 4DDiG, you can restore your valuable photos with high success rate. Regardless of your photos' condition or format, it can recover them in just three clicks. It is affordable and requires no learning curve to use.