How to Format SD Card for Wyze Cam? [on Windows/Mac/Wyze Cam]
Facing Wyze cam SD card format issues? Here is a detailed step-by-step guide on how to format SD card for Wyze cam. All you need to do is just download 4DDiG Partition Manager to format your SD card in no time!
Are you facing Wyze cam SD card format issues? If you have encountered frustrating problems with your Wyze cam's SD card, you're not alone. Many users have encountered difficulties when it comes to their SD cards for Wyze Cam use.
Whether you're using a Windows PC, a Mac, or even trying to format it directly within your Wyze Cam, the process can be confusing and occasionally result in errors that prevent your camera from functioning as intended.
But fear not because, in this article, we're going to help you with step-by-step instructions on how to format SD card for Wyze Cam on different devices.
So, keep reading!
Part 1: Overview of Wyze Cam
Before getting straight to the format SD card for Wyze cam, it's important to first understand what is Wyze cam. This will help you better understand the device and make appropriate decisions while using it.
Wyze Cam is a popular and affordable home security camera system that has gained immense popularity for its features, reliability, and ease of use. With its compact design and versatile functionalities, the Wyze Cam has become a favorite choice for homeowners and small businesses looking to enhance their security.
This camera is known for its high-definition video recording capabilities, motion detection, and night vision, making it an ideal choice for keeping an eye on your property, loved ones, or even pets.
To fully harness the potential of your Wyze Cam, it's essential to have the SD card in the right format that can store the video footage and ensure seamless functionality.
But what SD card formats does Wyze camera support?
Let's discuss this in detail.
Part 2: What SD Card Formats Does Wyze Camera Support?
- For microSD cards with a capacity of 32GB or below, the Wyze Camera supports the FAT32 file format. FAT32 is a common file system that's compatible with a wide range of devices and operating systems.
- For microSD cards with a capacity of above 32GB, the Wyze Camera supports the exFAT file format. exFAT is a more modern file system designed to handle larger capacities and file sizes efficiently.
This dual-format support allows users to choose the appropriate microSD card capacity based on their storage needs, whether it's a smaller card for basic recording or a larger one for extended video storage. Make sure to select the correct file format for your microSD card when formatting it to ensure it's compatible with your Wyze Camera.
Now, let's move on to how to format SD cards in Wyze Cam.
Part 3: How to Format SD Card in Wyze Cam?
Sometimes, the SD card we use with our Wyze cam becomes corrupted and requires format. But formatting SD cards in Wyze cam seems like a daunting task. However, it's not if you know what to do exactly.
So, here are the steps that will help you format the SD card in Wyze Cam.
First of all, make sure the SD card is plugged into the Wyze cam. For this, you can physically check the SD
- Now, launch the Wyze cam app on your smartphone and go to Live Stream.
- Here, you need to go to Settings and then head towards Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down, go to Local Storage, and hit the Format button.
- Here, it may ask you for confirmation, so confirm it.
- Once the formatting process is completed, you will hear a ding-ding.
Part 4: How to Format SD Card for Wyze Cam on Windows?
If you don't want to format an SD card on Wyze cam or it's just not formatting, the best option left for you will be to format SD card for Wyze cam on your Windows computer.
But how can you do that?
For this, you will need a reliable SD card formatting tool that will help you quickly format SD card for Wyze cam.
In this regard, we recommend you use 4DDiG Partition Manager.
4DDiG Partition Manager is a powerful and user-friendly partition management software with a range of features, making it an excellent choice for formatting your SD card for the Wyze Cam.
Here are some key features that you must know about 4DDiG Partition Manager.
- User-Friendly Interface: The software offers an intuitive and easy-to-use interface, making it suitable for users of all levels of experience.
- Format Flexibility: 4DDiG Partition Manager supports formatting SD cards with different file systems, including NTFS, exFAT, and FAT16/FAT32, which are compatible with Wyze Cam.
- Safe and Fast: It ensures a safe and efficient formatting process without data loss, and it's optimized for speed.
- Partition Management: In addition to formatting, the software allows you to manage your disk partitions effectively.
Now, let's quickly learn how to format SD card for Wyze cam using the 4DDiG Partition Manager tool.
First of all, download and install the 4DDiG Partition Manager tool on your computer and launch it. Make sure your SD card is connected to your computer with the help of a Card Reader. Now go to Partition Management, click on the SD card that you want for the format, and press the Format button on the right side.
Now, the tool will ask for the desired file format type (such as FAT32 or exFAT) and other settings for your SD card. So, make appropriate settings and hit the OK button.
Now, you will see a review of the process. If everything is fine, hit the OK button to proceed.
The formatting process will be started, and you will have to wait for it to be finished. Once the process is finished, click Done.
Part 5: How to Format SD Card for Wyze Cam on Mac?
If you are using a Mac and want to format SD card for Wyze cam, here are the steps that can help you.
- Insert the microSD card into your Mac using an appropriate card reader or an adapter. And click on the search icon in the top-right corner of your Mac's screen.
- Type "Disk Utility" and hit Enter to open the Disk Utility application. In the Disk Utility window, you'll see a list of drives and devices on the left. Locate your SD card in the list and select it. Be very careful not to choose the wrong drive.
Click on the "Erase" button in the top menu. A new window will appear. Here, you can choose the name for your SD card, select the file system (FAT32 for 32GB and below, or exFAT for above 32GB), and click the "Erase" button.
- You will be prompted to confirm the action. Click "Erase" to start the formatting process.
- Once the process is complete, your SD card will be formatted in the chosen file system and will be ready for use with your Wyze Cam.
FAQs about Wyze Cam SD Card Format
1. Can I use a 128GB micro SD card in WYZE Cam?
You can only use a 128GB micro SD card in your Wyze Can V3. The other older Wyze cams don't support 128GB, so you can use this card on them.
2. Why does my WYZE camera not recognize my SD card?
If your Wyze camera is not recognizing your SD card, there could be several reasons:
- Incompatible Format: Ensure that your SD card is correctly formatted in either FAT32 (for 32GB or below) or exFAT (for above 32GB), as per Wyze's requirements.
- SD Card Quality: Low-quality or damaged SD cards may not be recognized. Try using a reputable brand and ensure the card is in good condition.
- Card Insertion: Ensure that the card is inserted properly and securely into the Wyze Cam's SD card slot.
- Firmware Update: Sometimes, firmware updates can resolve compatibility issues. Make sure your Wyze Cam's firmware is up to date.
- SD Card Size: Check if you are using an SD card within the supported capacity range.
So, that's how to format SD card for Wyze Cam on different devices, whether on the Wyze camera itself, a Windows computer, or a Mac. By following these steps carefully, you can ensure a successful formatting process.
All of the methods provided are legitimate and should work for you. However, we recommend using the 4DDiG Partition Manager for formatting your SD card, as it offers a user-friendly interface and a range of features to make the process smoother and more efficient. Try it today!