Are you stuck with an inaccessible SD card or data loss? Don’t worry. You are in the right place. An SD card recovery software can help you recover lost or inaccessible videos, photos, or other media files. It can also restore lost files from all kinds of storage devices and even recover emails. Such software can be installed on Windows or Mac and supports most RAR, ZIP, or JAR formats. Different recovery tools differ in terms of features, capabilities, ease of use, data recovery results, and pricing. In this article, you’ll learn the five best card recovery software to help you recover lost or inaccessible data from your SD card.
Tenorshare 4DDiG [Windows & Mac]
Tenorhshare 4DDiG is a globally awarded and recognized software to recover deleted or lost files for major devices. 4DDiG uses an advanced algorithm to search and locate lost files from SD cards, internal and external drives, USBs, and cameras. It supports 1000+ file formats and all kinds of SD cards. Moreover, it is easy to use, scans quickly, and provides 100% accurate results. You can preview files and restore them in just three clicks.
- Recover data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted SD cards and other devices.
- Advance algorithm for searching and locating lost and deleted files.
- Filter options to recover target files.
- Support data recovery from internal PC & external deveices, including SD card, USB, etc.
- Support Mac and all Mac devices data recovery without need to disable SIP.
- The Standard Plan for individual use costs $45.95/per month.
- The Standard Plan for individual use costs $59.95/per year.
- The Lifetime Plan for individual use costs $79.95.
- The Business Plan costs $89.95/per year.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Easy to use.
- Supports 1000+ file formats.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Android.
- Filter files and preview them before restoring.
- 100% accurate results.
- One month of free upgrades.
- Free technical support.
- Only the demo version is free.
How to Recover SD Card Data with Tenorshare 4DDiG?
- Run 4DDiG on your Mac or PC. Then connect your SD card to computer, choose your SD card location to find the lost files.
- Hit the Scan button and start scanning. You can stop or pause in any time. The progress bar will show you how many data 4DDiG has found. Also, you can preview these files based on their category.
- Now just choose the files you need to recover, hit the Recover button. Select a location to save recovered files. We suggest you choosing a different place to keep files from where you lost them.
Tenorshare 4DDiG data recovery software is hands down the best restore software for memory card. You can recover lost or deleted data in just three clicks with an intuitive interface, advanced algorithm, and support for 1000+ file types.
Recuva [Windows Only]
Recuva is a free SD card recovery software developed by Piriform to recover media files from newly formatted or damaged SD cards. It can also restore accidentally deleted data or unsaved files with the help of its in-depth scanning. In addition, it can recover emails from Microsoft Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, or Windows Live Mail.
- Deep scan mode to restore accidentally deleted files.
- Supports more than 40 languages.
- It can restore unsaved documents, emails, deleted files, etc.
- Supports almost all versions of Windows.
Recuva is free software, but if you want to try the Professional version, it will cost you $19.95/per month.
- A portable version is available.
- Offers stable SD card recovery.
- Free advanced recovery.
- Does not support Mac.
- May have trouble recovering newer file formats.
- No updates are available with the free version.
Recuva software can recover data directly from formatted SD card or damaged SD cards. It provides a high percentage of results with in-depth scanning. However, it may not support newer file formats and can only be used on Windows.
Disk Drill [Windows & Mac]
Disk Drills is a card recovery software for PC and Mac. It provides hassle-free recovery of permanently deleted data with just one click. This software comes with multiple free tools to find duplicate files without installing additional software. It allows browsing and previewing files and retrieving data from all kinds of micro, mini, and regular SD cards.
- Filtering options for selecting the exact files to recover.
- Recover permanently deleted files.
- Additional tools to find duplicate files.
- Recovers all file formats from all kinds of SD cards.
The Basic Version is Free. And the Pro Version costs $89 for a lifetime license.
- Supports more than 400 file formats.
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Filter options to find media files.
- It can only recover 500MB of data for free.
- Doesn’t support Linux OS.
Disk Drill software can be used both on Windows, Mac, or a smart device. It is an excellent option to recover data from an SD card as it supports all memory card formats and can recover 400+ file types.
Minitool [Windows & Mac]
Minitool is another best free SD card recovery software compatible with both Windows and Mac. It can preview files and recover them from a specific directory or folder. In addition, it has the capability to restore 1GB of data for free and can recover 100+ file types such as photos, documents, archives, and videos.
- Preview 70 file types.
- Ability to recover files from a specific folder.
- Chat support.
- Recover data from formatted SD cards.
The Trial Version is Free. But it offers monthly, annual, and lifetime subscription plans for Windows and Mac.
- The Monthly Personal Plan costs $69/per month.
- The Annual Personal Plan costs $89/per year.
- The Personal Ultimate Plan costs $99 for a lifetime license.
- The Technician Plan for Mac costs $149/per year.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac.
- Recover 100+ file types.
- Preview files before restoration.
- 24/7 customer support.
- The trial version provides limited functionality.
- The free version has no previewer.
- Subscriptions are expensive.
Minitool is an excellent choice for SD card recovery if you plan on recovering data from a specific folder.
PhotoRec Data Recovery [Windows & Mac]
PhotoRec is a command-line SD card recovery software free to use by anyone. It is safe and reliable to use for personal as well as business use. This software can recover deleted files from SD cards and hard disks. Moreover, it is compatible with almost all operating systems such as Windows, macOS, and Linux OS. Anyone can install, run or modify this software for free without feeling apprehension.
- Command-line interface.
- Recover deleted files and folders from formatted and corrupt SD cards.
- Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux OS.
It is entirely free.
- Compatible with multiple operating systems.
- Free of charge
- Recover all types of file formats.
- No chat support.
- Difficult to use for beginners.
- The command-line interface can be challenging to understand.
PhotoRec is an excellent tool for recovering photos, videos, and documents from SD cards. But it uses a command-line interface, which is not the best option for beginner users.
If your SD card is formatted, corrupted, or you’ve lost access to data, it’s always wise to recover data instantly lest you lose it permanently. An SD card recovery software can help you in that regard. If you are looking for a free or inexpensive tool, our reviews of the best file recovery software for SD card could be helpful. However, we recommend Tenorshare 4DDiG data recovery software for recovering inaccessible or lost data from a formatted or corrupted SD card. It has an advanced in-built algorithm that provides deep scanning, 100% accurate results, and can recover 1000+ file types.