“I plugged in my flash drive...and poof! almost all the files are gone. I’m going to hold off until I can find a computer with Windows so that I can try Recuva, but I’m wondering if dropping the money on a Mac-compatible program is worth it.”
-A question from Reddit
You need a data recovery tool if you experience loss of files and folders. The unintentional erasures, constant removal of files, corrupt documents, unforeseen system closures, and many more reasons can make you lose your data on Mac.
The first thought while looking for recovery software could be to download Recuva Mac. It is excellent software in such regard, but there are other alternatives available to it. After reading this article, you will know Recuva Mac alternatives.
Part 1: What Is Recuva Recovery Tool?
Recuva is generally known as an absolute necessity to have a data recovery program for Windows PC. Recuva can be your lifeline with its simple to-utilize and free features. You can use Recuva to recover pictures, music, documents, recordings, and some other sort of files on your hard drive, memory cards, iPod or MP3 player, or USB, etc.
Part 2: Why Choose Recuva Alternatives?
Recuva is just for Windows PC right now; Mac users get no opportunity to use this great and free tool. The interest in Recuva for Mac is enormous on the web. While in all actuality: there's no correct Mac version of Recuva, and there's practically no free Mac data recovery program as well. It's hard to track down the best Recuva alternative for Mac in the Market. This article can take care of you. In this article, you can find and download Recuva mac alternatives.
Part 3: Top 10 Recuva Mac Alternatives
Top 1: Recuva Mac Alternatives - 4DDiG Mac Data Recovery
What is 4DDiG Mac Data Recovery?
4DDiG Data Recovery Mac is an expert in recovering deleted data, including photos, videos, documents, and others, on your Mac hard drive. Media player, camera, USB drive, or HDD/SSD, Tenorshare can recover data from any medium. It is secure and has a remarkable completion rate.
What makes 4DDiG the best Recuva Mac alternative?
- Complete - Recover all that you lost and retrieve back from all Mac-based gadgets, including USB, SD Card, camera, and so forth.
- Trustworthy - Tenorshare 4DDiG is trustworthy and it will 100% safely recover erased files on Mac with an excellent completion rate.
- Simplistic - With Tenorshare 4DDiD, you are just three clicks away to restore data. No technical information is required.
- Prompt - It is fast, swift, and can recuperate your files instantly.
How to recover data on Mac with 4DDiG?
After installing it on your Mac, open 4DDiG Mac Recovery Software and choose a region like your hard drive to start the Mac data recovery, by then, click "Scan" to look for each lost record/document.Step 2:Scan and Preview
The Tenorshare 4DDiG Software will set aside some effort to check all deleted or lost files. Once the scan is ready, just tap on explicit document types to see more details.Step 3: Recover Mac Files
Snap on any document you need to get back and choose the "Recover" button. After that, select a region on your device to save the discovered files. It's not an intelligent thought to keep the files back in the area where you lost them.
Top 2: Disk Drill
Disk Drill is one of the great Recuva mac alternatives. Disk Drill consequently performs all the data recovery algorithms (counting Deep Scan) in an ideal manner to recover as many files as could be allowed.
- Present-day UI
- A noteworthy data recovery experience
- Multi-language support
- Deep Scan feature included
- Additional tools to disc
- The free or trial version can see/open files
Platform: Disk Drill can work on both Windows and Mac PCs.
Supported File Types:: It supports over 400 file formats.
Recovery Speed: It's just a matter of a single snap.
Price: $89.00 (lifetime license)
Top 3: MagicCute Data Recovery for Mac
MagicCute Data Recovery for Mac is a simple Mac data recuperation program that assists you with recuperating data on a Mac PC. The Basic version, which is additionally the least expensive one, permits clients to recover erased files from Mac hard drive or Trash.
- MagicCute is a versatile application that permits you to run it on an external hard drive
- You can make a disc image backup with this software
- The scanning is excessively long and tedious
- It doesn't preview before recovery
Platform: It's utterly viable with HFS/NTFS, FAT, and FAT32.
Supported File Types:: The program upholds the recovery of more than 2000 document file types.
Recovery Speed: Quick recovery program without any expertise or information.
Price: USD 49.95 for Spring Sales
Top 4: PhotoRec
PhotoRec includes a recovery wizard whose objective is to direct you through the recovery process and assist you with re-establishing your files with little effort.
- Solid performance
- Unfit to preview recoverable files
- Command Line Interface
Platform: PhotoRec can recover them not just from Windows (NTFS, FAT, exFAT) but also from Mac (HFS+) and Linux (ext2/ext3/ext4).
Supported File Types:: Both PhotoRec and Recuva additionally support many file types
Recovery Speed: Quick
Top 5: R-Studio
R-Studio is an expert tool focused on power clients. In contrast to Recuva, which can get lost files just from nearby capacity gadgets, R-Studio can recuperate data even from users connected with the web.
- Amazing highlights
- Progressed recovery algorithms
- Performs data recovery over network
- Not appropriate for customary home users
- Many complex options
Platform: Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux
Supported File Types:: FAT/NTFS, exFAT, ReFS, HFS/HFS+, UFS1/UFS2, Ext2FS/3FS/4FS
Recovery Speed: Fast
Top 6: DiskWarrior
DiskWarrior is a disk fix and another alternative for Recuva data recovery mac. DiskWarrior can likewise analyze hardware issues and caution you early that it's an ideal opportunity to replace the hard drive with another one. If you need to recuperate from all-time erased files, we suggest you pick an alternate arrangement.
- Hardware symptomatic capacities
- Fixes numerous file system issues
- Simple to utilize
- Extremely restricted data recovery abilities
Platform: It supports the newest Macs with Fusion drives and works with PowerPC models.
Supported File Types:: Supports very few file types.
Recovery Speed: Not much recommended for data recovery
Top 7: VirtualLab for MacOS X
VirtualLab for MacOS X is one of the Recuva alternatives that offer you essential Mac data recovery. It empowers clients to recuperate data from the unmounted volume, RAID drive, firewire, and USB.
- It offers you an uncommon RAID constructor
- Volume recovery assists you with getting data from the harmed or un-mounted volume
- You can't look through the record with names nor save.
- The free form of the Recuva Mac alternative recovers a 1MB record.
Supported File Types:: HFS or HFS+ (extended) partition
Recovery Speed: Quick
Top 8: Boomerang Data Recovery Software for macOS X
Boomerang Data Recovery Software for macOS X is Mac data recovery software to deal with a broad scope of such situations.
- A simple-to-use interface
- RAID recovery and reconstructor RAID data effortlessly
- The program doesn't offer a Deep Scan.
Platform: Mac OS X 10.11.3, 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.7, 10.6, 10.5. 10.4.
Supported File Types:: Mac OSX (HFS and HFS+), FAT16&32/NTFS
Recovery Speed: Fast
Top 9: TestDisk
TestDisk is open-source software, and it is free data recovery software. It's a simple Recuva data recovery mac alternative.
- It supports the repair of FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 and NTFS boot areas
- It is hard to use for beginners
- It isn't a great idea to recover pictures from cameras or hard disks
Platform: Support Windows, macOS, Unix, and Linux
Supported File Types:: FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 and NTFS
Recovery Speed: Quick
Top 10: Time Machine
If you are a new Mac user, Time Machine is an in-built backup application in macOS. It works with Apple Time Capsule or an external hard drive to save duplicates of all the data put away on your Mac PC.
- Speedy and straightforward to set up
- You recover practically any files as long as you have appropriate backups
- Doesn't recover lost data from an external drive
Supported File Types:: Supports Mac OS Extended format (Journaled), Mac OS Extended, and Xsan.
Recovery Speed: Swift
Even though there is no Recuva Data Recovery Mac, you can freely download one of the above software to assist you with getting your data back. Many Recuva Mac alternatives are mentioned in this article. Through our analysis, Tenorshare 4DDiG Mac Data Recovery is the best choice for you due to the advantages and vast options it offers along with high performance.
You May Also Like
- Full Guide: How to Fix The Request Failed Due to A Fatal Device Hardware Error
- Fixed: Excel Cannot Open the File Error Because the File Format or File Extension Is Not Valid
- Fixed: The File is Corrupted and Cannot be Opened in Word/Excel
- 6 Fixes: You Must Initialize a Disk Before Logical Disk Manager Can Access It
- How to Recover Corrupted Word Files Mac?