Is There a Way to Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips?
“How to Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips”
How to recover deleted Vivint video clips? A company called Vivint offers services and assistance for home security through security cameras and doorbells. You may occasionally unintentionally erase a video clip from your Vivint security camera and wonder if you can recover deleted vivint doorbell videos.
Vivint video footage may be unsettling for some homeowners. It would be the case even if the video were made directly to your DVR because the camera keeps the clip until you and Vivint agree to delete it. Some customers worry that their clips might be overwritten, erasing the content they had recorded on their DVR. Learn how to recover deleted vivint doorbell videos and how far back does vivint keep videos on your system by reading on.
- Part 1: Can You Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips?
- Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips?
- Part 3: FAQ about Vivint Video Clips
Part 1: Can You Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips?
On the security cameras from Vivint Smart Home, erased videos can be recovered. Most importantly, deleted movies on Vivint Smart Home can be recovered if you take timely action. Users have one week to recover clips that were unintentionally lost because the Vivint security cameras keep a rolling seven days' worth of footage.
In addition to having indoor and exterior cameras, the Vivint Home security system also has a doorbell camera that can make video calls. The motion detection zones also enable two-way verbal contact between the homeowner and possible attackers, and the night vision mode captures clear video in low-light situations.
How to recover deleted vivint video clips? Videos taken using cameras sometimes get deleted accidentally or for other reasons. There are several techniques to recover the video if it has not been erased forever. Utilising data recovery software is one option. Online services that charge a fee for video recovery are also available.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips?
When removed from your device, Vivint video clips can be simply recovered from your account. Nevertheless, even if you erase them from the account, they can still exist on an external device or in the Cloud. Below are a few of the best options you can try to recover deleted vivint doorbell videos:
Way 1: Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips from the Device
You may quickly return your deleted Vivint video clips from your device by following a straightforward process. Simply sign onto your Vivint account and navigate the settings to get the deleted footage. Following are the procedures to recover deleted vivint doorbell videos from the device:
- Log in to your Vivint account first. Nevertheless, if you still need one, register at id.vivint.com/idp/login/.
- Next, select Videos and Photos from the Main menu.
- A list of pictures and videos will now appear. Decide which you want to restore.
- The image or video will now appear in a new browser tab.
- The Delete option is now under the Storage location option on the right side of the window. Just click it.
- If the Delete Video clip dialogue box is not present, the video is likely covered by a copy law right and cannot be recovered. Choose the video you wish to recover in the Delete Video clip dialogue box and select.
Simply tap the "View video" link to be sent to the server where the video will be sent to open the movie in a new tab or window.
Way 2: Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips via 4DDiG Data Recovery
How to recover deleted vivint video clips? Utilising a specialised data recovery programme is a potential option if the techniques mentioned above for retrieving deleted Vivint movies from the Cloud are not producing the required results. In such circumstances, 4DDiG Windows Data Recovery is a highly suggested choice.
Video data can be recovered using the robust and user-friendly 4DDig Data Recovery programme, restoring other types of lost or destroyed data. It provides a wide range of characteristics that make it the best option for recovering deleted Vivint movies that might not be recoverable using traditional techniques. This data recovery programme uses cutting-edge scanning algorithms to thoroughly examine your storage device for any remnants of deleted videos.
Simply download and install the software, run it on your computer, choose the proper storage device, and start the scanning process to use 4DDig Data Recovery. After the scan is finished, the tool will show a list of videos that can be recovered, allowing you to preview and recover the required recordings.
- Recover data from laptop/PC, internal & external drive, USB flash disk, SD card, Vivint etc.
- Smart recovery with a high success rate.
- Recover 1000+ file types including photos, videos, documents, and audio.
- 3 steps to recover Vivint Video
- Recover files lost due to accidental deletion, formatting, lost partition, corruption, crashed system, virus-attack, and so on.
- Lauch the program, and then select the hard drive, external drive, or SSD where your important data & files were deleted and click scan.
- You can choose your target file types from the option mentioned in the top-right corner. Once you do that, hit “Start.” The scan will begin looking for deleted Vivint Video Clips.
- Once the scanning, preview the recovered files. Press “Recover” to save them in a drive other than the SD card where you lost them.
Way 3: Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips on Vivint Smart Home Cloud
How far back does vivint keep videos? Cloud storage has grown in popularity because it allows users to store and retrieve their information from any location with an internet connection. But with a Smart Home Cloud subscription, Vivint offers its cloud services. The ways to retrieve deleted videos from the Cloud are as follows:
- Enter your Vivint Smart Home Cloud login information first.
- Next, hit the Menu icon that can be found in the Home Screen's top left corner.
- Go back to the menu and select Recorded Events.
- To view the video's information, tap the three dots icon in the lower right corner and choose Event Specifics.
Finally, click View Event Video to watch it again or save it for later.
Way 4: Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips from External HD
Don't worry if you unintentionally removed Vivint films from your External HD—there are ways you may take to get them back. The procedures to restore deleted Vivint videos from an external HD are as follows:
- First, connect your External HD to your computer and back up your Vivint account information.
- Open Window Explorer now, and then search for the folder where you saved the video.
- A pop-up menu will appear when you right-click the video and choose the Open with option.
- Click OK after selecting Window Media Player from the list.
- Once the media player has loaded the videos, click the Play button to see the video. To stop it, click on Pause or Stop.
- Select Copy after clicking the Advanced tab. Paste the path to your Vivint account folder after copying the field.
Part 3: FAQ about Vivint Video Clips
Q1: How to Delete Activity on the Vivint App?
Thanks to the Vivint home security app, customers may easily connect to their homes and have complete control over their smart devices. It is also the hub app for organising and operating smart home gadgets. Activities on Vivint cannot be removed or deleted. However, it would be best to uninstall the camera and then add it again to delete recordings.
To destroy the camera:
- On your Vivint app, find the camera settings.
- Click the menu button in the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Enter your pin by clicking on devices in the smart home settings.
- Click on cameras again, then select the camera you want to delete.
- Click remove, then click agree to confirm deleting the camera.
Reset the doorbell camera:
- Press and hold the button for between 25 and 45 seconds or until the red light appears. Once the video doorbell has reset, leave the button alone.
- It could take this process up to two minutes. The reset would be successful if the LED turned green.
Install it again:
- Click Add new device on your home screen.
- Choose Devices from the menu icon and input your pin.
- Click the connect tab after selecting the doorbell camera. The camera will immediately announce its presence once it is connected.
Q2: How Long Does Vivint Keep Videos
How long does vivint keep videos? Vivint keeps camera clips for 30 days before being automatically erased. For 31 days, customers can still see video from as many as four cameras. As long as the deleted Vivint films are kept on the Vivint Smart Drive, you can recover them. Users of the Vivint Smart Drive can access recordings from any of their cameras using a cloud-based storage solution.
Q3: Can I View Vivint Cameras On Computer
Yes, Vivint lets you use your computer to control the home automation and security features. You may quickly view the security system's status, watch live video feeds, manage intelligent home gadgets, and remotely arm and disable the system.
- Tap the Cameras icon in the centre of the bottom navigation bar on the Vivint Smart Home app's home screen.
- Tap the thumbnail of the appropriate camera to see the live feed. To return to the main camera screen, tap Done. Tap All clips at the bottom of the camera screen to view recorded videos and vivint camera history.
You can find it unpleasant if you accidentally delete your Vivint video footage. You'll be shocked to learn that there are easy actions you may take to regain them. Three options include the device, an external hard drive or the Cloud. How long does vivint store camera clips? You must take action within 30 days, whichever method you choose. Visit this page to discover the most straightforward method for recovering deleted Vivint video files. We also talked about the 4DDig Data Recovery tool. With the best recovery rate, 4DDiG Windows Data Recovery can recover lost data from any device. You can quickly recover your photographs, videos, music, emails, office documents, and compressed data.